Nataša grew up at the foot of the Italian Alps; here, amongst dense woodland, limestone mountains and opal streams, she developed an affinity for the natural world.
Guided by her passions, she studied Archaeology in Padua and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Venice, where she graduated with honours with a thesis on traditional Balkan tattooing. Following her studies, she moved to Scotland to pursue a career in art and illustration.
Her work is heavily centred around mythology and inspired by dark corners of history and folklore. Symbolists, Pre-Raphaelite artists and Art Nouveau are some of her main sources of inspiration, as are Decadent literature, European polytheistic spiritualities and folktales.
Her work has been shortlisted for the Folio Society Book Illustration Competition 2017 and World Illustration Awards 2018, and has been published in books, magazines, role playing games, posters, and exhibited in various galleries including London House of Illustration and Somerset House.
She lives in Edinburgh, with her partner, and a little jungle of plants.
• Books • Magazines • Cardgames and role-playing games • Posters
– IBA Infected By Art, volume 6
– Veins of Magic, by Emma Hamm
– The Treasure of the Loch Ness Monster, by Lari Don & Natasa Ilincic, Floris Books
– Inkblót, by Hayden Westfield-Bell & Natasa Ilincic
– IBA Infected By Art, volume 5
– Heart of the Fae, by Emma Hamm
– The Illuminated Edda, by Fate of the Norns
– Horn of the Kraken, by Stephen B. Pearl
– Voci dall’Iperuranio, by Angela Patrono
– Graphite Magazine, issue 5
– 2DArtist, issue 136, 3DTotal
– Circle Magazine
– The Celtic Connection
– Kaaterskill Basin Literary Journal
– Engranajes, vapor y lámparas de gas
– Vølse, Danish Membermagazine for Asatruar
– Gulveig, Fate of the Norns, Pendelhaven Games
– Ragnarok: Denizens of the North, Fate of the Norns
– Beltane Fire Festival 2015
– Beltane Fire Festival 2017
• Cardgames and role-playing games
• Somerset House, World Illustration Awards Exhibition 2018 Recognition: – Shortlisted for The World Illustration Awards 2018 (Association of Illustrators)
• London House of Illustration 2017
• Creative Exchange Gallery, Edinburgh 2017
• Pandino Fantasy Books
• Trezzo Folk and Fantasy
• San Giorgio di Mantova Fantasy
• solo exhibition in Montereale Valcellina
– Longlisted for The Book Illustration Competition 2018 (Folio Society and House of Illustration)
– Accepted into Infected By Art: Volume 6, 2018
– Shortlisted for The Book Illustration Competition 2017 (Folio Society and House of Illustration)
– Highly commanded award, Kelpies Illustration & Design Prize 2017
– Accepted into Infected By Art: Volume 5, 2017
• Somerset House, World Illustration Awards Exhibition 2018
– Shortlisted for The World Illustration Awards 2018 (Association of Illustrators)